Treker: A GPS Bus Tracker and Student Ridership App
I’m excited to share that we are continuing our student ridership and GPS tracking pilot program for all Heights students who ride a school bus. The program is called Treker.
Students will use a bus card that is scanned as they get on and off the school bus. Parents will be able to use a smartphone to track their child’s bus ride on a map and receive automatic alerts when they enter and exit the bus.
With the Treker system, you will be able to:
All students who ride a school bus will receive a Treker bus card that shows their first name, last initial and student ID number.
- Track the real-time location of the bus to and from your child’s bus stop.
- Receive alerts before the bus is scheduled to arrive at your stop based on GPS location.
- Get notified when your child’s card is scanned as they board and exit the bus.
- Confirm that the bus has arrived at school.
Chreese Jones, Principal
How to Receive Your Child’s Bus Card
Your child’s Treker bus card will be available for pickup at our open house on Aug. 31. If you are unable to attend the open house, your child will receive their Treker bus card from their teacher on the first day of school.
The Heights Community School - 1863 Clear Ave.
Thu., Aug. 31, 2017
Open House5-7 p.m.
Can't attend the open house? Your child will receive their Treker bus card from their teacher on the first day of school.Please note:
- Ensure your child brings his or her pass with them to school every day.
- Students who forget to bring their bus card will still be able to ride the bus.
- Personal data is not stored on the card and is used to check your child onto the bus.
- The Treker system does not track your child’s location.